[TYPO3-hci] amount and frequency of changes in BE

Tolleiv.Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Wed Feb 2 20:21:52 CET 2011

Hi,

I have to disagree. The success of TYPO3 which we saw in the past won't
make it to the future without change. And especially usability was one
of the weakest points of TYPO3.

Many things were inconsistent and old TYPO3 packages brought bad default
settings. This changed in the last releases and that's good. Even if old
users have to rethink their routines, they can rely that the backend
gets more and more consistent and in new versions the systems can be
build based on good defaults. It doesn't make sense to keep bad things
longer than necessarily needed therefore the changes are good.

Changing towards (much) better usability is a REAL improvement and most
likely one of the most importants ones we have in 4.5.

Btw. if your clients don't like new features - you're still able to
create skins, configure icons and setup TCE field-positions. And of
course the entire process is not done behind closed doors so you're able
to review and commend any change before the release.

Cheers,
Tolleiv

--
Tolleiv Nietsch