[TYPO3-hci] icons in t3skin

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Apr 2 11:02:57 CEST 2009

Uschi Renziehausen schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently trying to sort out the pagetree icon stuff a bit, but I
> am running into problems.
>
> In general, I am asking myself (and you) how much information can be
> communicated by an icon.
> We have status icons for
> h: hidden
> t: timing (not visible anymore)
> - futuretiming
> - user
> - protectedSection, i.e. extend to subpages is set (still unsure which
> properties are effected)

I have a plan to get rid of nearly all overlays (*). The idea is to use
only two overlays. One if the record is hidden/disabled and the other if
any "special" conditions apply (various access/time restrictions, etc)
which flag the record (eg with an exclamation mark).

So we have 4 states of an icon:

normal
hidden/disabled
flagged
hidden/disabled and flagged

If an icon is flagged, it will get an (AJAX) tooltip that shows the user
which special conditions apply to this record.

Masi

*) already presented in an old thread here labelled "Status of records"