[TYPO3-hci] [TYPO3-t3skin] Two proposals for a new skin.

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Fri Jun 15 19:58:54 CEST 2007

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Andreas Balzer wrote:
>> Me and one of my team co-workers have started our graphics suites and
>> designed two little skins. They aren't perfect, as we are only
>> students but we think they are good enough to make them public.
>>
>> see http://www.andreas-balzer.de/typo3/typo3skins.pdf
>>
>> It would be nice if you can comment on them.
>
> Normally UI must be easily understandable and have at least one start
> point. I do not understand your skin from a glance :( Some tabs, some
> words, modern colors. But where is the idea behind it all?
>
> Skin must serve purpose. If you rearrange default layout, you do it for
> purpose. What was the purpose here? What and how do you want to impove
> with this new skin?

Hi Dmitry,
our first version wasn't very far, because we wanted to publish
something. In general it's task orientated. see another image at
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/7895/typo32gelblich2englishgh9.png

The very top menu is a dropdown menu, where you select the module you
like to use. e.g: Content Manager, Package Manager (former Extension
Manager), Admin Tools, etc)

It's arranged in a dropdown, so there can be submodules added (as usual)

According to the selection of the module, the available icons in the
toolbar will change to suit the actions you can do there.

(e.g. switching from Content Manager to Package Manager you can't create
some an extension there, but add one; so the icon will change. But an
icon like Remove will stay, because you can remove Packages too.

So think about a toolbar that will show you the basic options that are
available throughout most of the system. (create/add, save, remove,
move, cut, paste, help, etc)

You can also add own icons there of course.

We don't know yet however, if a module can add/remove new icons on its
own. (e.g. add text format options)

The next menu you see shows the opened pages/elements so you can easily
switch between them. The opened element is highlighted. Maybe this one
goes down to the bottom of the screen to match the designs of operating
systems. (Linux & Windows)

Everything you see below is fully customizable by the modules. So in a
Content Manager you can switch between list view, detail view, nested
views, relation views, ...) or you can set access rights, etc..

The editor is only displayed to have something in there. The icons could
be positioned in the big toolbar above too..

So to come back to our purpose:
You select what you want to do in general. (module) then you select what
you want to do in detail (menu of the module). There you use functions
like save etc.. ..as those are universal & available everywhere they are
placed in top.

Is this way of an approach useable or should we change the arrangement
of the menubars, etc?

Greetings
Andreas