[TYPO3-hci] 4.2 close record button

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Sat Dec 15 18:19:17 CET 2007

Hey,

Patrick Gaumond wrote:
> Got a problem with Benjamin's suggestion to put caching there since
> Cache management sometimes is for the whole site, right ? In my view
> this "line of buttons" is for the record I'm editing. It should not
> contain anything at a higher level.
Yep, there are (right now) three cache options:

Clear cache:
* This page
* Clear page content cache
* Clear all caches

IMHO, at least the last one has to go completely (has nothing to do with
the record), we have this in the left menu / top menu already.
We need to discuss the use and the differences between the former two.

Actually, now that I think of it: I propose getting rid of all the cache
options & buttons. I see the use of having these options in the List or
Page view. But think of it: When I edit something and I press a button
that does something else than something that has to do with the record,
the user does not know if she has saved the record or what happened to
the changes. Therefore: => Remove :)

--
greetings,
benni.