[TYPO3-hci] Extension Manager - Usability

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Sun Apr 8 11:43:52 CEST 2007

Hi! :)

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> See my initial post ("Colors should not matter").
Yes I just wanted to make sure that we do not only think about "Colors
should not matter" but also about why they should not matter.. In this
case the red font would be problematic because of T3 C.D. and the
extension programming, although the color red itself would be good there..

> Yeah, we should work on some class-A icons (already some good links in
> HCI.pdf). Also, icons shouldn't be the point of mockups.
> But thanks! I'll fix that one.
If you want I can help you there. As I'm a member of the T3 skinning
team I can also offer you the possibility, that we think about possible
icons.. ..if you want.

> Another thing that bothered me with the Backend is that the existing
> Tab-Menus are all blind-tables. This code of mine was done in 5 minutes
> and is an unordered list with 6 lines of code.
> That's also a usability issue for me -- to much 90's code in the
> Backend, that's why it takes so long to load some things. I try to do
> what I can (pagetree in 4.1, clickmenu in 4.2) but it's really a ton of
> things to work on.
Right. But if we change one type of tab menus, we should change all,
because similiarity is something that has to be done in terms of hci und
usability.

> One search to find them all! I agree.
> The mockup actually should demonstrate that having a global search on
> top does the search in EM and TER.
As I have proposed some months ago it would be nice to have a
'search-as-you-type' search. Kasper started to code something like it
but did not finish it. I asked him per eMail and he allows us to use his
code and finish it. Anyone interested and capable of doing this? (Take
his extension, add some features and finish it..)
Afterwards we could use this in EM too. Another
'we-would-like-to-have-something-like-that' project might be the DAM
extension..

Greetings
Andreas