[TYPO3-hci] Extension Manager - Usability

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Sun Apr 8 10:28:34 CEST 2007

Hey,

Andreas Balzer wrote:
> Please do not use any non-standard color for links or headlines such as
> "There are updated.." They are problematic when it comes to skinning and
> therefore can not be styled through the extension itself.
See my initial post ("Colors should not matter").

>> http://www.xnos.org/fileadmin/hci/mockup_em2.png
> Please include the word "Backup" into the dump option. Also the icon of
> it should be changed into something with an arrow to the bottom. Same
> with manual
Yeah, we should work on some class-A icons (already some good links in
HCI.pdf). Also, icons shouldn't be the point of mockups.
But thanks! I'll fix that one.

>> http://www.xnos.org/fileadmin/hci/mockup_em3.png
> Firstly, it would be nice, if you can use standard tab menus of T3 in
> your mockup. We don't have to reinvent the tab wheel..
Another thing that bothered me with the Backend is that the existing
Tab-Menus are all blind-tables. This code of mine was done in 5 minutes
and is an unordered list with 6 lines of code.
That's also a usability issue for me -- to much 90's code in the
Backend, that's why it takes so long to load some things. I try to do
what I can (pagetree in 4.1, clickmenu in 4.2) but it's really a ton of
things to work on.

> Secondly, you use "Install New Extensions" and "Configure Loaded
> Extensions". Please use _one_ wording in both tabs. e.g.: "Configure
> Installed Extensions".
Yes, that's true! Thanks for the advice.

> Thirdly, the EM and TER search should be merged and maybe integrated
> into an overall T3 search.
One search to find them all! I agree.
The mockup actually should demonstrate that having a global search on
top does the search in EM and TER.

--
greetings,
benni.