[TYPO3-hci] Extension Manager - Usability

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Sun Apr 8 12:17:34 CEST 2007

Hey,

Andreas Balzer wrote:
>> That's also a usability issue for me -- to much 90's code in the
>> Backend, that's why it takes so long to load some things. I try to do
>> what I can (pagetree in 4.1, clickmenu in 4.2) but it's really a ton of
>> things to work on.
> Right. But if we change one type of tab menus, we should change all,
> because similiarity is something that has to be done in terms of hci und
> usability.
Yeah, maybe I'll fix that for 4.2 too, so we one single nice-and-fast
UL-tabmenu that rocks :-).

> As I have proposed some months ago it would be nice to have a
> 'search-as-you-type' search. Kasper started to code something like it
> but did not finish it. I asked him per eMail and he allows us to use his
> code and finish it. Anyone interested and capable of doing this? (Take
> his extension, add some features and finish it..)
> Afterwards we could use this in EM too. Another
> 'we-would-like-to-have-something-like-that' project might be the DAM
> extension..
Yeah, there are a lot of things already started but they never came to
an end yet. I think we have the great ideas there now (the wiki is full
of it) but now we need to form tasks and assign them to get something
going for 4.2 to be a huge usability improvement.

--
greetings,
benni.

www.xnos.de // www.xnos.org