[TYPO3-hci] "New top frame" problems

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Wed Sep 27 11:21:33 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

As the plan goes, I'm trying to build the initial framework for
having a top frame. In "alt_main.php", instead of a frameset, this is
what I put:

				... menu stuff here with layers and all...
			<iframe src="./alt_intro.php" id="content" name="content"></iframe>

(In addition there are styles and some JavaScript to position the
items correctly)

I tested it in these browsers:
- Firefox (Mac)
- Opera 9 (Mac)
- Safari (Mac)
- MSIE 6 (Win)
- Konqueror (Linux)

Generally, it works! Layers from within the <div id="menu"> will
overlay the iframe, even on top of scrolls bars in the iframe.

Exceptions are:
- Konqueror: Nothing seems to be able to lay on top of the iframe
here! Means; Everything in the menu area must stay in the menu area.
Is there are way to change that?
- Firefox: Scrollbars will penetrate the layers dropping down over
the iframe. Is there are way to suppress this?

Generally, I assume these problems can be solved and if not, this new
way of shaping the backend is still just an alternative approach -
the old frameset is still equally usable for accessing modules.

- kasper

"Gimme Five!"
kasper2006 at typo3.com | +45 20 999 115 | skype: kasperskaarhoej |
gizmo: kasper_typo3