[TYPO3-hci] TYPO3 BE taskbar

Andreas Balzer eMail at andreas-balzer.de
Wed Sep 20 16:55:22 CEST 2006

Hi!
Everyday a new idea.. everday a good one? I don't know..
Well, today i got the idea of a taskbar like the operating systems have
it and T3 has it within "Dokumente" (maybe it's original name is
"Documents" in T3 nav) in German.

What am I talking about? Imagine you have several template files opend,
some page content elements and some other things like Extension Manager
and perhaps the Install tool.. (More specific: You want to install a new
ext and test it).

In T3 you always have to open each BE page as soon as you want to work
with the specific thing or you have to open new tabs in your browser (or
even windows..)

What about displaying an arrow-icon at the bottom of the new toolbar
(see "New web Module based on Dojo Toolkit") that displays all opened
elements of a specific module? Or what about a toolbar or a widget
somewhere (ajax widget)?

What do you think about?

Greetings
Andreas