[TYPO3-hci] Kickoff: TYPO3 4.1 (suggestions)

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Wed Sep 13 09:37:21 CEST 2006

Robert Markula kirjoitti:

> 2. Using CSS instead of (deprecated) inline formatting (should be
> adressed by point #1) -> diversion between structure and design.

agreed - the worst example of extremely bad layout desing is the
page module of TemplaVoila. I rewrite the entire page module for a
customer, who wanted better layout for it (I someone wants better
looking page module I can give the address of my customer).

> 3. If possible, do away with layout-tables. Ok, accessibility can be
> achieved with layout tables, and pure CSS-based layout tends to bring
> problems with browser-compatibility and needs ugly hacks.

yes - I don't rely on float -property - it might cause unexpected