[TYPO3-hci] ajax: TAKE TWO

Tue Sep 12 13:41:48 CEST 2006

> PS: what about using xajax for server communication and use another ajax
> effect libary for the eyecandy

Absolutely right,

I think there is no reason for a "library war" or a decision for one
single library.

TAKE TWO!

We need both types. One, that works without javaScript programming and
offers high productivity and one for the eyecandies.

Read, what Jared White the author of xajax has written about the
cooperation with prototype:

<quote source="http://community.xajaxproject.org/viewtopic.php?id=947">

xajax should NOT require, depend on, or steal functionality from the
popular Prototype Javascript library. Yes, I know, Prototype is the
library du jour and anybody who's anybody in the Web 2.0 world is using.
Well, guess what? So am I! And at the same time as xajax. And that's my
point: Prototype and xajax can live side-by-side. I repeat: Prototype
and xajax can live side-by-side. They don't interfere with each other.
They're both built on the same Javascript language. Certain
functionality is duplicated between xajax and Prototype, but that's OK.
You can use as much of each library as you need to get the job done.

</quote>

Regards

Elmar