[TYPO3-hci] Kickoff: TYPO3 4.1 (suggestions)

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Tue Sep 12 13:10:16 CEST 2006

Ingo Renner schrieb:

> In a recent project I played a little bit with prototype so that I could
> help out if I step into it a little bit more. What I did until now was
> just sending an AJAX request and replacing existing HTML with the
> returned result...

i suggest to take a look at xajax first because it has an own
response-format wich can handle a number of responseActions (like update
something, trigger another thing ... see
http://wiki.xajaxproject.org/Documentation:xajaxResponse.inc.php ).

when i tried prototype i was not abled to update different parts of an
page with one ajax request (at least i wan not able to make it browser
compatible).

since every single call will cause (db-connection, start typo3, user
authentication, loading extensions, loading tsfe ... )processing
seperate calls for every updated part will cause a lot of server load.

regards Martin

PS: what about using xajax for server communication and use another ajax
effect libary for the eyecandy