[TYPO3-hci] 4.1 menubar thoughts

Jens Hoffmann werbung at baiz.org
Sun Oct 22 17:02:16 CEST 2006

Hi, Lasse.

Great Demo !!! Really !!!
It's new creative view to Typo3, thats what we need!

Pro
- To have the possibility of Windows is nice (dhtml vs. js-popup)
- We got a lot of Space for Icons/Shortcuts and the Main Content
- Switch faster between Modules
    (E.g.: Open the Fileadmin doesn't close Web_layout.)
- I like the Double-Click Idea, because: The situation is clear > This is a Desktop!
- Nice new Icons
    (E.g. the Extension Manager makes much more sense)

Contra
- Missing Taskbar like under Linux/Windows witch shows me all the open Windows
- Can’t edit/crate own Desktop Icons jet
- I like to resize the Window on all 4 borders
- Window-Topic could be the Menu wording
- No Start Application is under Start = Bad Wording but Nice Idea :)
- API doesn't work really right jet :) (Windows Move/Switch)

Idea
- Maybe we need more default Values for a Window (Start size, Level, Sticky …)
- Would be nice to open more than one Web_layout Window
- Maybe only some Modules open in Popup, and other get display in the old Way
- Role the Window up, like under Linux
- Make a Window Stick, to stay on top
- Really miss the "Workarea" for your "green" Skin (This was a great Idea!)
- Dogging Windows in Areas

>> On the other hand, draggable windows are a real problem. As long as you
>> have the back/forward button on top of your screen, most people use
>> them. This is very bad, if you entered something, but then clicked on
>> "backwards".
> Yop!.. This the "main issue" for me.. This is THE most important button
> in a browser. - Better make it work in typo3...

Did you already had look at >> http://www.winlike.de <<.
They found a solution for the most Prob we got. Maybe it
could Inspire you.

Greez Jens