[TYPO3-hci] PPT: Ideas to improve the Usability of Typo3 4.x / 5.0

Andreas Balzer eMail at andreas-balzer.de
Sat Oct 21 22:41:08 CEST 2006

Jens Hoffmann schrieb:
> I've done some more Charts:
>
>     Updated: 3, 10, 11, 38, 39, 40
>     Add: 26, 31, 32, 33, 61

Wow, That was quite fast  :) I will look at them in a few minutes.
> THX for your quick Feedback! :)
No problem. I think the T3 motto is great, and i personally try to live
it and believe into. Inspiring people to share and enable people to
communicate.

> Greez Jens
>
> Andreas Balzer schrieb:
>> Hi!
>> This is really awesome! Now we have an overview about every idea and
>> we are able to discuss about them. That's really great. Thanks for that!
>>

> What did i wrong about the Logo?
The styleguide says: No light effects around it :) (But i personally do
think, that it's looking great with it)

>> Well, just one OT thing by me as one of the official "button-makers"
>> on typo3.org: Please care about the logo guidelines :)
>>
>> OK..
>>
>> Some comments about the ideas written in your pdf:
>> In the following you'll find an enumeration of the ideas i would like
>> to see in this particular way:
>
> Good Point! I will change/add this.
>
>> Chart 10: I really like the idea about having a big area, where you
>> can select the different options about your page, if you really want
>> to do so. If not, everything could be hided behind "Add more options"
>> or something like this. It would really make a lot of things easier.
>> But don't forget to add a "Remove this page" button somewhere.
>> (probably this could be done only in Chart 11 too) :)
>
> Good Point! I will create one.
>
>> Chart 11: This is a really nice idea. I like to have the possibility,
>> of just move something into trashbin by simply drag it there. But of
>> course, a security question "Do you really want to" has to be shown
>> then, because you might just move the dragged item there and in fact
>> don't want it.. ;)
>> Chart 16+17: The structure is really great. It's not as confusing as
>> the current. And please: Get the Acessrights of our current menu
>> structure somewhere else (and more easy)
>
> Thx :)
>
>> Chart 26+27+28: This kind of menu is the best one i saw until now.
>> It's easy to understand and it's looking great. I think it combines
>> most of the other menu ideas. And plus: It doesn't take much space
>
> You are right. I will change this.
>
>> Chart 28: I have two simple problems with this one:
>> 1) I would like to see the save button everywhere on the same
>> position. Regardless of a module, an extension, a popup or something
>> else. Please move it to the top left corner. It's just easier to find
>> there.
>> 2) I think something like a "Save changes" submit field should be
>> added at the bottom. Maybe a 'Close & Cancel' button too.
>
> How about a dHtml Tool-Tip?
> I think it takes 200ms to click, or just hold the Mouse for 200ms still.
> This would be the same with one click.
Yeah, it could work. But having the possibility to save something gives
me (and maybe many others) the impression of having control about something.

>> Chart 31: There has to be a text describing the buttons. It's not very
>> usuable otherwise. An other problem is, that you suggested to wait a
>> sec (more or less), until the menu shows up. This is not quite good,
>> because most of the people, who are using this menu (like me) want to
>> solve things very very fast. The menu has to show up immediatly after
>> clicking.
>
> How do you mean this (32)? Sorry, i don't understand it :)
I wanted to say that you have to take care about the times it needs to
display and when it hides again. It should display very fast but stay
opened 1 or 2 secs if you move your mouse somewhere else.
The second thing i wanted to say is, that you currently only show icons
in your chart. I think there has to be some text with it. Like
Edit/Remove/New/..

>> Chart 32: This is very nice too, but it should be possible to view an
>> automatic generated listtree of those items. Like "show list items
>> sorted by (and in) categories"
>
> Was just a Idea :)
And i think this idea is really good, but i wanted to mention a possible
improvement. I think it would be great, if T3 could sort your items,
according to it's meaning.

Greetings
Andreas