[TYPO3-hci] PPT: Ideas to improve the Usability of Typo3 4.x / 5.0

Jens Hoffmann werbung at baiz.org
Sat Oct 21 19:41:40 CEST 2006

I've done some more Charts:

	Updated: 3, 10, 11, 38, 39, 40
	Add: 26, 31, 32, 33, 61

THX for your quick Feedback! :)

Greez Jens

Andreas Balzer schrieb:
> Hi!
> This is really awesome! Now we have an overview about every idea and we
> are able to discuss about them. That's really great. Thanks for that!

What did i wrong about the Logo?

> Well, just one OT thing by me as one of the official "button-makers" on
> typo3.org: Please care about the logo guidelines :)
>
> OK..
>
> Some comments about the ideas written in your pdf:
> In the following you'll find an enumeration of the ideas i would like to
> see in this particular way:

Good Point! I will change/add this.

> Chart 10: I really like the idea about having a big area, where you can
> select the different options about your page, if you really want to do
> so. If not, everything could be hided behind "Add more options" or
> something like this. It would really make a lot of things easier. But
> don't forget to add a "Remove this page" button somewhere. (probably
> this could be done only in Chart 11 too) :)

Good Point! I will create one.

> Chart 11: This is a really nice idea. I like to have the possibility, of
> just move something into trashbin by simply drag it there. But of
> course, a security question "Do you really want to" has to be shown
> then, because you might just move the dragged item there and in fact
> don't want it.. ;)
> Chart 16+17: The structure is really great. It's not as confusing as the
> current. And please: Get the Acessrights of our current menu structure
> somewhere else (and more easy)

Thx :)

> Chart 26+27+28: This kind of menu is the best one i saw until now. It's
> easy to understand and it's looking great. I think it combines most of
> the other menu ideas. And plus: It doesn't take much space

You are right. I will change this.

> Chart 28: I have two simple problems with this one:
> 1) I would like to see the save button everywhere on the same position.
> Regardless of a module, an extension, a popup or something else. Please
> move it to the top left corner. It's just easier to find there.
> 2) I think something like a "Save changes" submit field should be added
> at the bottom. Maybe a 'Close & Cancel' button too.

How about a dHtml Tool-Tip?
I think it takes 200ms to click, or just hold the Mouse for 200ms still.
This would be the same with one click.

> Chart 31: There has to be a text describing the buttons. It's not very
> usuable otherwise. An other problem is, that you suggested to wait a sec
> (more or less), until the menu shows up. This is not quite good, because
> most of the people, who are using this menu (like me) want to solve
> things very very fast. The menu has to show up immediatly after clicking.

How do you mean this (32)? Sorry, i don't understand it :)

> Chart 32: This is very nice too, but it should be possible to view an
> automatic generated listtree of those items. Like "show list items
> sorted by (and in) categories"

Was just a Idea :)