[TYPO3-hci] My 4.1 proposal - again

Lasse Norby zamiams at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 14:23:03 CEST 2006

Hi Tapio - The Man!
I've read some of your posts, and you really seem to have the infamous
"itch" to make typo3 more userfriendly.. Nice!

Tapio Markula wrote:

> I and Peter Klein though to implement your top menu using hv-menu
> (1. level in one frame and 2. level in another frame - both need one
> name for frame and that works *only* for *two* frames which alway use
> the same frame names) but
> we regarded it impossible because Typo3 has so complex frame structure.
> And the problem is that below the top frame should be one frame to
> get 2. level always into correct position.
Maybe it's possible to make a backend without frames at all??
That would make things A LOT easier from my point of view.
Maybe this can be an issue for the 5.0 release, maybe before?? Who knows...

> Sometime typo3 has tree on left and sometimes not - that simple doesn't
> work if 2. level should be in frame, which has certain name.
No.. Seems difficult.

> tree + related module should be inside the same frame in order to work
> properly. Maybe IFRAME could work also but anyway *one* frame.
Yeah! I've experimented with iframes, some problems though, but still
better than the regular frames.

> We made for you 'skin_grey' in 'skin_grey_2'
Ok! Cool!

> tab-based menu - the advance is in hover mode that when you click a
> sub-menu, both main module and sub-module remains visible and
> highlighted - you can't do that with dropdown menu, because
> you must hide 2. level (you can highlight current active sub and main
> module, but keep visible just the 1. level).
>
> Showing and highlighting *consistent* main and sub-module works only
> with hover-based 1. level. If you click you just change the view, but
> if you save the last active sub-module, it doesn't necessary belongs
> under the clicked main module.
> If you click only selecting sub-modules, you can have full consistent
> highlighting. Active sub-module can belong only to the main-module,
> which is currently marked as active.
>
> 3. level are special task in sub-modules - for them tabs in view.
Must admit that I don't really know what your saying here.. Maybe I have
to take a look at skin_grey_2 before I get the point??

> That would be IMO consistent.
>
> Well the color theme of skin_grey_2 is yours - I don't know what you
> feel recycling your skin_grey.
I consider "skin_grey" to be your masterpiece! - I only did some css,
and never even released it. It's all yours man!

> The idea of the podcast is however implemented - I mean topmenu.
> Not the way as in the podcast but *some respects* better than in the
> podcast.
Ok! Podcast?? Do you mean the topmenu from Kasper, or the one I did a
while back?? The one Kasper made beats the heck out of mine :-)

Cheers!
Lasse