[TYPO3-hci] My 4.1 proposal - again

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Thu Oct 19 19:45:36 CEST 2006

Lasse Norby

>> - I "managed" twice to move a window underneath the top menu - which
>> made it impossible for me, to move or close it,

I and Peter Klein though to implement your top menu using hv-menu
(1. level in one frame and 2. level in another frame - both need one
name for frame and that works *only* for *two* frames which alway use
the same frame names) but
we regarded it impossible because Typo3 has so complex frame structure.
And the problem is that below the top frame should be one frame to
get 2. level always into correct position.

Sometime typo3 has tree on left and sometimes not - that simple doesn't
work if 2. level should be in frame, which has certain name.

tree + related module should be inside the same frame in order to work
properly. Maybe IFRAME could work also but anyway *one* frame.

We made for you 'skin_grey' in 'skin_grey_2'
tab-based menu - the advance is in hover mode that when you click a
sub-menu, both main module and sub-module remains visible and
highlighted - you can't do that with dropdown menu, because
you must hide 2. level (you can highlight current active sub and main
module, but keep visible just the 1. level).

Showing and highlighting *consistent* main and sub-module works only
with hover-based 1. level. If you click you just change the view, but
if you save the last active sub-module, it doesn't necessary belongs
under the clicked main module.
If you click only selecting sub-modules, you can have full consistent
highlighting. Active sub-module can belong only to the main-module,
which is currently marked as active.

3. level are special task in sub-modules - for them tabs in view.

That would be IMO consistent.

Well the color theme of skin_grey_2 is yours - I don't know what you
feel recycling your skin_grey.

The idea of the podcast is however implemented - I mean topmenu.
Not the way as in the podcast but *some respects* better than in the
podcast.