[TYPO3-hci] My 4.1 proposal - again

Silke Arend sa at externes-management.de
Thu Oct 19 10:02:41 CEST 2006

<snip>

> > Thank you for providing a quite elaborate suggestion! It helps me in thinking about the advantages of the different approaches, i.e. current BE, tabs, windows, ...
> >
> > Your version definitely looks nice. Yet, I don't see an advantage in the windows approach.
> Thanks! and ok!
>

> > - How do I choose between windows?
> >
> > - How do I know what is opened already, once the lie on top of one another?
> >
> > - I "managed" twice to move a window underneath the top menu - which made it impossible for me, to move or close it,
> >
> > - A first level (or second depending on where you start to count) that stays open once you moved away can be anoying, by forcing you to take care of it in an extra step, if you want to read what is covered up. I prefer it, to close when you move away, ideally with a little delay, so it does not happen when you slip down unintentionally.
> Well, apparently this is the danger of putting something out here that
> is a mere "mock-up" or "demo" if you like.. Like I said in my post:
> There are bugs here people! And I'm NOT saying that this is the final
> version. It ONLY serves as a proof of concept.. It took me two hours of
> work, and I don't even know how to code! I'm a graphics designer.. So
> all the things you mention here - I know - my bad - Don't know how to
> fix it.. Do you?? I'll be more than happy to give you what I've come up
> with.

I made these comments because I don't know myself, if there is a solution to what I feel to be disadvantages with windows.  You are right, I should not - and I don't - exspect of such a suggestion to work perfectly. I was just trying to point out things that might by important, if the track "windows" would be used.

Silke