[TYPO3-hci] My 4.1 proposal - again

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Oct 16 17:36:30 CEST 2006

JoH asenau schrieb:

> Since there are no problems when using the old school JavaScript approach of
> i.e. TMENU_LAYERS the cause for the flickering must be in the JS used by
> those "suckerfish" (or similar) solutions. I guess it has something to do
> with the JS based change of whole classes (and their attributes) instead of
> just one atrribute (visibility or position).
>
> Can anybody show me a CSS based layermenu page where the IE flickering has
> been completely eliminated? If yes - we should go for that code, since the
> target group of IE users is not really a minority :-) - if not, it could be
> wise to find a solution to that problem before going on with something that
> would force the user to install a special browser.

I do not understand what a CSS based layermenu has to do with accessibility
at all. Yeah, nice when it may be done with CSS, but I still don't get it
why the BE needs a CSS-only solution.

Go and remove all TABLEs with DIVs if you must. But really, this CSS-thingy
looks like a religious thing to me.

Masi