[TYPO3-hci] My 4.1 proposal - again

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Fri Oct 13 10:24:36 CEST 2006

Dan Frost kirjoitti:
> Hi,
>
> This might be be a little off topic, but I wanted to add that we are
> just about to publish a frontend version of the toolbar.
>
> This turns frontend editing into point-and-click. Ever played with
> Google Pages? - works a bit like this: click the content area, form
> loads and start editing.

But how? What is the reasonable way

Well frontend editing has today several modes
1) click icon and you get BE view to edit record
2) click icon and you get pop-up window
3) click icon and and you get into page editing form

The last *doesn't* fit for all layouts. It brokes layout commonly really
badly and is in most cases totally useless.
1 or 2 can be easily configured for the taste of the user.
I don't see any advance clicking the content or edit icon in edit panel,
which has also other tasks.
Endeed if you don't use edit panel but wrap the content element,
the advance is that the content editing in frontend is more like
preview.
That is not difficult to implement - needs an extra wrapper element
and for that onclick (basically the same as in 'edit' link).
Hide/delete can be done in edit mode - but somebody would like
to make them from edit panels.
Maybe this could work as an alternative.
If the extra wrapper would be 'li' you could combine
AJAX drag'ndrop + content editing without edit panels.

You can test relative good working toolbar in
http://lapua.xetnet.com/typo3/

dev_admin

that uses a little bit modified pixe_feediting toolbar
supports both the standard page module and TemplaVoila
- support for the latter is not full in the version, which can be
downloaded from TER,