[TYPO3-hci] Motivations, WAS: 4.1 = menubar/iconbar/dashboard; lets go!

Daniel Bruessler info at -remove-patchworking.de
Thu Oct 12 18:36:28 CEST 2006

Hello Joey,

for me it doesn't sound nice and respectfull what/ how you write. It's
not true, that nobody makes a concept before the implementation starts.
The true fact is, that just a little number of the concepts are
_published_. The most are on paper or in the talks/ newsgroups, that's
just another form of "media".

It's really not new, that first a concept is needed and then
implementation starts. Maybe something for you is new - sorry, I don't
know you - and that is to create one or more functional prototypes.
That's the proof-of-concept and the base for further development.

The coding-guidelines for extension-writers have a section that
documentation is _very_ important
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_cgl/current/view/1/2/

The concepts have several places
* in the talks and texts of the newsgroups
* http://typo3.org/development/projects/
* projects in the wiki http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Projects
* team-projects in the wiki http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Teams

So you see that it's not really true, what you wrote ;-)

kind regards
Daniel Brüßler

> a concept about what you want to do / ideas how to create a solution /
decision has to be made, which way to go
the real code