[TYPO3-hci] Motivations, WAS: 4.1 = menubar/iconbar/dashboard; lets go!

Fri Oct 13 15:22:02 CEST 2006

> There will be different ways to look at this. Surely, Elmar thinks we
> are bombed back two years by choosing a pragmatic approach to AJAX using
> a library like prototype to get something on the streets by
> mid-november. I don't. For me its more important to try something new.
> Code doesn't matter in this case, the knowledge from the experience does.

Hi,

I don't say we are bombed back, but we will start delayed with a server
centered style of programming, with all it's advantages including
accesibility, what is an essential point of HCI. Enabling sever centered
programming with an XML pump to the FE is what AJAX originally does.
(Asynchronous JavaScript and XML) But that shouldn't be the topic of a
discussion. We need to accept that the time hasn't come yet for TYPO3.

Regards

Elmar