[TYPO3-hci] 4.1 = menubar/iconbar/dashboard; lets go!

JoHasenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Oct 12 13:11:13 CEST 2006

Let me extract the essence of this "discussion" since it's a good example of
the major problem of current TYPO3 development.

<snip>...</snip>
>> I think it's obvious that I will not invest my personal resources
>> into something that seems like a detour to me. So don't expect my
>> support in
>> this field there are other things to work on.
>
> Thanks for your view Elmar, I don't expect you to invest your
> resources into something you don't believe in. I feel exactly the
> same way which is why I will continue to do what I think is right or
> good enough to scratch my itch.

It's funny to read statements like these, when on the other hand people are
called stubborn and told to show more _respect_ just by using a real name
(which IMHO is still something that doesn't exist in virtual communities)

I can't see professionalism or respect in both of your statements.

Of course there is some truth in Elmars thoughts about accessibility,
although I personally doubt that it will have that big influence on the
future success of TYPO3 as he mentioned in his statement. But I don't think
it will bring the project any further, if he simply refuses to contribute
instead of starting a constructive disccussion.

On the other hand Kaspers statement shows the major lack of the current
TYPO3 project: Many things are done in a way that is "good enough to scratch
ones itch". As long as they are done this way just because the developer
didn't know better it is not that bad, because at least there is something
available that can be used even if it it's not always very useful. But when
it comes to situations where people try to discuss things, try to show other
ways to improve the solution in terms of accessibility, performance,
security or whatever and they just get a simple "I don't care - for me it
works" IMHO this shows much more disrespect than using a nickname in a NG.

I would expect more professionalism from both the leader of the ECT and the
chairman of the TYPO3 project and I would really like to get the best
menubar solution for TYPO3 since this would "scratch the itch" of many more
people ...

Joey

BTW: You might have noticed the change in my sender name? Respect. ;-)

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de