[TYPO3-hci] OT: Realnames? (was: Re: HCI list post statistics)

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Oct 12 01:26:43 CEST 2006

Hi Christopher & Kasper,

just to make this clear: Although I am the list admin my comments are not
ultimate decisions. I/we have never excluded anyone from a mailing list
because he didn't want to follow the mailing list rules. [1]

Personally I don't like short names for two reasons: They make it difficult
to memorize a person, and they are not unique. I think your name provides a
good example for this, there are many Christophers, so I can only guess if
this is a different person than you...

I have given up discussing about realnames with Joey, and probably I didn't
even start discussing this with you ever ;-) After all, I'm very happy that
both of you are so active contributors on our mailing lists that this is
probably worth ignoring the lack of a realname.

But on the other side, I still find it stubborn that you seem not willing to
change it since you (both) are the only one(s) in thousands...

- michael

[1] The only exception are people who use auto-responders, of course.