[TYPO3-hci] 4.1 = menubar/iconbar/dashboard; lets go!

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Wed Oct 11 00:02:31 CEST 2006

>> it works slower than existing solution, really bad
>
> Do you know why and how to speed it up?

A first step could be to remove the fading effects, since they don't improve
usability in any way. Of course it's looking nice, but I guess the whole
thing will be much faster without them (even on my W2K Desktop I never use
any effects).

Will have a closer look at the JS code during the next days.
Maybe I can find other performance killers and possible replacements.

But even though it's all a bit slow, the look and feel is quite good and
much better than the default "navigation skyscraper" in the left column.

I'll keep you informed ...

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de