[TYPO3-edu] typo3 and e-learning

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Wed May 30 10:50:18 CEST 2007

Thomas Scholze schrieb:
  > It's all about money :-)
and about not to have it :)

> ... We want to commit our students to our
> university as commercial partner for research and development, inform
> them about class meeting or confereces in house.
Yeah. This is definitly not possible with online platforms like studivz.
For those things we really need an other option. But if we integrate
those features into TYPO3 we can just create another moodle. You know I
don't know whether their program can do such things but if we recreate
those things we already have something like an e-learning platform. I
mean it's nice but I don't know whether there is the required number of
coders for such an extension.

  > Our alumni network should have:
> - seminar groups (b.boards)
chc_forum
> - groups of interests (b.boards)
chc_forum
> - priv. Messages
cwt_community
> - news mails
newsletter
> - personal information page
do you mean a profile or private guestbook? cwt_community

Some of your wishes are already possible with TYPO3 but I think the
integration of each into a whole is still missing..

Should it be changed? What do you think?

Greetings
Andreas