[TYPO3-edu] typo3 and e-learning

Thomas Scholze tscholze at fh-lausitz.de
Wed May 30 09:44:57 CEST 2007

Andreas Balzer schrieb:

> That's a good one. But..
> I thought about this too and tried to create such a network for my
> school because I thought it's important.
> But there are big companies that do this like schuelervz.de oder
> studivz.de in Germany. I don't think that this will be a problem where
> schools have to think about in the future. Social networks exist already
> and not everybody should waste time to build such a network.
>
> Even moodle has some basic capabilities in that direction. So I wouldn't
> focus on this topic, even I think it's still important.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Andreas

It's all about money :-) ... We want to commit our students to our
university as commercial partner for research and development, inform
them about class meeting or confereces in house.
The big company networks are too far away from our uni ans then there
are things like data mining ans so on ... they don't give their services
for free.

Our alumni network should have:
- seminar groups (b.boards)
- groups of interests (b.boards)
- priv. Messages
- news mails
- personal information page

All this with usefull preferences, sure a small studivz...
I'll take a look at moodle from this point of view.

Greetings
Thomas