[TYPO3-edu] what makes t3 interesting for edu institutions

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Fri May 18 12:00:03 CEST 2007

>> And this is what costs them a lot (time, paper, toner etc.) and has
>> to be reduced at most of the schools/universities I know of.
> Well, the problem is that the schools don't know whether the parents
> have internet or not. So they are forced to print those things out.
> (in German it's called "Elternbrief" by the way). I don't know how
> this is with universities. So.. ok. this fact should be mentioned but
> I don't know whether this should be done at the first page.

Just to make my point clear here:

If it would be possible for the people who are sending out this
"Elternbrief" to split it up between people who gave them an email address
and those who didn't, this would be highly appreciated. There are two
reasons why:

1. They can save a lot of paper and toner which is something that is very
rare in most of the schools I know of
2. They can make sure the letters arrive, since in most cases they are not
really sending them via snail mail but giving them to the pupils, who forget
to hand it over to their parents.

Counting the different letters I got from the primary school of my children
gives me the impression that even for them a newsletter functionality would
be very important.

Regarding communication IMHO boards and newsletters are much more important
than blogs and chats.

Anybody else?

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian