[TYPO3-edu] what makes t3 interesting for edu institutions

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Fri May 18 18:44:46 CEST 2007

JoH asenau schrieb:
  > Just to make my point clear here:
>
> If it would be possible for the people who are sending out this
> "Elternbrief" to split it up between people who gave them an email address
> and those who didn't, this would be highly appreciated. There are two
> reasons why:
>
> 1. They can save a lot of paper and toner which is something that is very
> rare in most of the schools I know of
> 2. They can make sure the letters arrive, since in most cases they are not
> really sending them via snail mail but giving them to the pupils, who forget
> to hand it over to their parents.

Well, yeah that's true. There's only a little tiny problem. Afaik (e.g.)
German schools are not allowed to save the information whether a student
has internet or not. I don't know if this is true for other countries
too.. And wouldn't it be a huge oranisational problem to store those
information and print these letters only for students with internet
access? I mean you would have to take care about the parents.. Normally
they have to sign a little piece of paper that they got those letters..
If you do it via email you have to create a SSL server, hand out a
secure login to every parent and even further you have to download and
study those signatures. If you print the letters out (like most schools
do) you just have to add a cross ( X ) next to the students names in a
list..

So I don't think that T3 is currently capable of things like this. Prove
that I'm wrong ;)

Anyway: What about adding this functionality to the according
extensions? Maybe someone can do it...

Greetings
Andreas