[TYPO3-edu] what makes t3 interesting for edu institutions

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Wed May 9 21:00:18 CEST 2007

JoH asenau schrieb:
> And this is what costs them a lot (time, paper, toner etc.) and has to be
> reduced at most of the schools/universities I know of.
Well, the problem is that the schools don't know whether the parents
have internet or not. So they are forced to print those things out. (in
German it's called "Elternbrief" by the way). I don't know how this is
with universities. So.. ok. this fact should be mentioned but I don't
know whether this should be done at the first page.

> Almost any bigger university does.
> faculty_name.university_name.tld is something very common for university
> sites.
ok. convinces me.

> No, it doesn't ;-)
ok.. right, but it's a great collaboration through boards etc if the
staff has one to talk with.
>> - Involve your students (through project websites and course related
>> websites)
> Good idea - and another reason for subdomains ;-)
yeah.. ;)

>> - Offer your students and their parents easier ways to communicate
>> (with the headmaster and the faculties & their teachers thorugh:
>> Chat, boards and comments.)
> Same thing as for collaboration. IMHO This is not one of the USPs for TYPO3.
yeah. But there is an option for it.