[TYPO3-dam-devel] Release TYPO3 4.2 and DAM 1.1

Andreas Balzer andreasbalzer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 15:07:57 CET 2008

Hi,

On 2/14/08, Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> wrote:

> I don't understand. You don't need to keep track off all, if it's too much
> for you.

I try to keep track on every bug here and often try to see whether it occurs
on my systems as well. Depending on how old a bug is and when it was posted
to the mailinglist, I sometimes have to go back several days back in time
within my email program. A newsgroup makes this process easier.

Just do it like we use to on the core team list. Make sure all
> patches are in the bugtracker, and use the tags to mark them there. So
> actually, no need to keep track off it at all.

I'm currently not writing any patches.. Anyway. We always try the patches
before they go into the bugtracker so we can be sure the patch works and
doesn't conflict with something else. Therefore we need some area that is
not accessible by everyone.

Splitting up the patch requests over two lists is just adding a lot of
> redundancy but doesn't improve the overall problem in any way.

You're right.

I see there are still about 10 or 20 pending patches which are not tested
> yet. Who do you want this to do?

For example I can do it.. starting from saturday when I have my last exam at
university this semester ;)

I'm just proposing a solution for this
> problem.

That's nice. Allready a big thanks for it.

And of course, the public DAM newsgroup (typo3.projects.dam) is currently
> just a lot of blabla, similar to what the typo3.dev newsgroup is for
> TYPO3core. This is fine because it helps to separate the discussions from
> the actual code changes. However, why not should people be able to give
> their feedback on bugfixes directly here?

I have the feeling that a situation will be there that appears with many
programs when users use them and report bugs: They don't update their
programs and report bugs that have been fixed a hundred versions ago. So
currently there is the following situation which works quite fine: When
users find a bug they can report them to the bugtracker. If the bug is
patched by us we leave a short message or change the status. If we don't do
that people can feel free to code a patch on their own and submit it to
bugtracker. If the patch is working (3 of us will test the patch) it'll be
integrated into SVN.

I think this method worked in the last time but of course I'm open for
opinions.

Andreas