[TYPO3-dam-devel] Release TYPO3 4.2 and DAM 1.1

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Feb 14 14:26:29 CET 2008

Hi Andreas,

> my opinion: If option 3 is what everybody likes to have, then I would like
> to have it as another newsgroup. That's far more easier to keep track of..

I don't understand. You don't need to keep track off all, if it's too much
for you. Just do it like we use to on the core team list. Make sure all
patches are in the bugtracker, and use the tags to mark them there. So
actually, no need to keep track off it at all.

Splitting up the patch requests over two lists is just adding a lot of
redundancy but doesn't improve the overall problem in any way.

> Personally I think option 2 is better until we have dam published. I mean
> there is already a public dam newsgroup where people can send messages to.

I see there are still about 10 or 20 pending patches which are not tested
yet. Who do you want this to do? I'm just proposing a solution for this
problem.

And of course, the public DAM newsgroup (typo3.projects.dam) is currently
just a lot of blabla, similar to what the typo3.dev newsgroup is for
TYPO3core. This is fine because it helps to separate the discussions from
the actual code changes. However, why not should people be able to give
their feedback on bugfixes directly here?

- mihchael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out