[TYPO3-dam-devel] Concerning DAM / Releases / Team / Workflow

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Apr 22 15:51:38 CEST 2008

Hi Ben,

> We act according to the rules in the core list. That is it. No need to
> copy stuff. I want to be a bit pragmatic in this. We have enough to do as
> it is.

Full ACK.

>> OK, still don't know who they are but yeah, I can figure... How about
>> having a page on typo3.org so people know who is in the DAM team? Next
>> to the rules?
>
> Added those people to the WIKI. Please add or change some info if you
> want. I am just to busy right now to do a lot about it.

Ah, I just read this now. Wonderful :-)
Btw. is it the "DAM 1.1 Team" or just the "DAM Team" (or "DAM Development
Team"). Actually we're not limited to DAM 1.1, are we?

However, the DAM team is still not listed here:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Teams

>> * DAM 1.0 releases: Old stable branch, only urgent bugfixes
>> * DAM 1.1 releases: Stable branch
>> * DAM 1.2 releases: Development branch, new features

This is not the case yet. Currently there is only one branch: DAM_1-0. DAM
1.1 has not been forked into a branch yet and therefore still lives in
Trunk.

Are you familar with branching and how to handle it in Subversion? Otherwise
I can offer my help here. Just recommend to do it similar like in
TYPO3core.

>> One minor problem is probably how the TER handles having multiple
>> releases for one extension?
>
> No idea!

Well, that goes for every extension. Nothing DAM specific...

Don't focus too much on DAM 1.2 yet, we're still in the middle of finishing
DAM 1.1... However, I suggest we have a session about this at T3DD08. What
do you think? Ask Thomas Hempel if he can still add it to the schedule...

>>> We cannot say for sure how much it will break. It's certainly a new
>>> release with lots of new features, so can't just assume everybody will
>>> update to DAM 1.1 immediately.
>>
>> Yes, but can we assume to have 4.2 as a minimum requirement? I mean,
>> until 1.2 is released it will be probably mid- to end of this year...

What's the problem? DAM 1.0 and 1.1 both work with TYPO3 4.2, and if you
like you could still raise the limit for DAM 1.1 now. You just cannot
change it for DAM 1.0.

>> Yes, I just meant that we shouldn't focus on the 1.0 releases.
>> Basically, if we hit off in a similar way like the core development I'm
>> fine :)
>
> OK

Beautiful :-)

> @Michael can you open up the list? Or should I ask Luc? I think he is in
> charge. @Benni. Can you commit at this point? Do you have access? If so
> check out 5681. That is a major one Michiel already spent some time on.

Done. I will send Luc a notification about it.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out