[TYPO3-dam-devel] DAM 1.1 structure

Andreas Balzer andreasbalzer at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 17:39:07 CET 2007

Hi,
I agree with you in everything except two things:
- dam_info should be integrated into dam. It gives you information about
what element is used at what page/content element and therefore helps you to
stay organized. Although it would be much better to have this functionality
integrated directly into the various dam elements of the existing modules.
An info module for its own is not needed imho.
- dam cron should go together with dam_index (so in the end both into dam)
because is you install the index extension (what of course everyone does)
you want to use the cron aswell. In my opinion I think it's better to have
more features directly under the hood and you only have to enable or disable
them instead of installing every little feature within an own extension.
This makes it much easier for admins to know what an extension does because
it's not splitted up so much.

Greetings
Andreas