[TYPO3-team-core-v5] Blog plugin / Github repo / namespace for plugins

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Wed Feb 6 12:30:08 CET 2013

Hi.

On 05.02.2013, at 11:04, Adrian Föder <adrian at foeder.de> wrote:
> As discussed, eventually the TYPO3 NS is only for core packages.

Well, for packages maintained by the TYPO3 project, "officially".

> That means to me, TYPO3.Comments and "my" TYPO3.ElasticSearch should be refactored to the new Namespace, which is... what exactly finally? "Flowstarters", right?

Either that or to your own vendor namespace, if you have one. Even Flowstarters is for things that we as a group want to maintain together in a more or less long-term way.

> A word to ElasticSearch: my intention with putting it under "TYPO3" Namespace and having Christian as kind of a "team member mentor" was, basically, to increase the chance of popularity.

And that makes sense, if we agree on having such a package maintained with the other Neos and Flow core packages because it is an important part of the infrastructure. It all depends, and moving responsibility at some point is not a huge problem. The FoS packages mostly started out in some other namespace and github organization as well.

Regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns