[TYPO3-team-core-v5] Blog plugin / Github repo / namespace for plugins

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Sun Feb 3 16:59:06 CET 2013

Hi folks,

I took an hour today to check how I could migrate my site to the forked, forked, forked blog plugin and well ... it's not so easy, because a few things have been thrown away in a hurry. I'll take some care to clean this up during next week. (Of course, thanks for you work so far, you know that I appreciate it ;-)

As for the namespace, I discussed this with Karsten and we've been not so happy with creating lots of new plugins in the TYPO3 vendor namespace only because we suspect that they might become popular.

So I suggest his:

- let's put the plugins we work on together into a dedicated ns, for example "Flowstarters"
- roughly follow the idea of FOS (read this: http://friendsofsymfony.github.com/)
- in general start in your own namespace and when it becomes clear that it's generally useful (and maybe already stable enough) fork + refactor to the Flowstarters namespace

I created a new org (https://github.com/flowstarters) and added a few of you already.

What do you think?

Robert