[Typo3-UG Russia] Ukraine server speeds?

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Thu Aug 25 14:50:47 CEST 2005

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 02:44:18PM +0200, Matthew Manderson wrote:
> My apologies for asking in English, I cannot speak Russian and
> this seems to be the right forum for asking. If not, please
> redirect me.  :-)

np :)

> I have a project to build a few sites in Ukraine, I found a web
> host that I was able to install TYPO3 on but I access the
> server from Western Europe and I find the speeds very very
> slow.

Which one?  There are quite competent hosters, and I think I can
talk some into extending some plan.

> I wanted to ask you if this is a general thing for Ukraine
> servers or something wrong with the server/network itself, ie
> overloaded.

No.  VoIP worked years ago, ISPs having dozens of megabits of own
pipes are not that rare anymore :)

> It only seems to affect the heavy TYPO3 pages, static pages
> serve normally fast.

This hints to me that the bottleneck's at the server rather than
with the connectivity.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>