[TYPO3-v4] Minutes of the 11th meeting of the 4.7 Release Team

Steffen Ritter steffen.ritter at typo3.org
Sun Feb 12 11:59:06 CET 2012

Am 11.02.2012 21:06, schrieb Kay Strobach:
> Hi,
>
> what i would add is:

So and there the problems start :)
> Typical:
> 	news AND tt_news ->Georg
> 	cal ->  Mario
good, but not needed in every installation as it is too versatile

> 	realurl ->  Dimitry
> 	perfectlightbox ->  Benjamin
not needed - you just need 3 lines of TypoScript and one line of
JavaScript to nowadays add a lightbox to TYPO3 - using an Extension just
is overkill

> 	tt_address
Discussable

> Section templating:
> 	fedext ->  Claus
No - as there is many stuff in it which conceptionally is a hack again.

> 	gridelements ->  Jo
> 	templavoila ->  Tolleiv
> 	templavoila_framework ->  Jeff, Andy
>
> Management:
> 	be_acl ->  Sebastian
No way - slows down backend massively which you will get to know in
large installation. If you have a clean right-management this is not
needed anyhow.

> 	kb_filequota ->  Bernhard
Do not know it, never heard of it, but since Bernhard quit the community
a long time ago it is unmainted - so no:

> Statistiks:
> 	piwik and piwikintegration ->  by me ;)
What does statistics

> Development:
> 	extdeveval
> 	phpunit ->  Oliver
> 	extension_builder ->  Ingmar
> 	kickstarter ->  Peter
>
> Discussable:
> 	Once stable i would like to see sitemgr and sitemgr_template in
> 	the list as well (customer management, to have many customers
> 	in one TYPO3 install)
What has this ToDo with a-class?

> Hopefully i didn't miss something off the very important extensions.

Just having this list, we see, that opinions will differ way between
persons. At all it will be hard to define what a-class Extensions are at
all - before starting to think which extensions are in there.

regards

STeffen

--
Steffen Ritter