[TYPO3-v4] Roadmap to TYPO3 4.6

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Tue Oct 4 10:29:49 CEST 2011

Dear TYPO3 community and developers,

I'm back to TYPO3 work with the T3CON11 in mind and this is mainly why
we did not have our official release team meeting yesterday, we just
very quickly informally discussed together.

At the same time, we are now facing the imminent release of TYPO3 4.6.0:

Next week, Tuesday 11 October: TYPO3 4.6 RC
In 3 weeks, Tuesday 25 October: TYPO3 4.6.0

The meaning of a release candidate is that it should be "production
ready". In short, this means that I'd like to ask for as much bug fixing
effort as you can afford during this week.

I know that some of you are already involved into the BLE code sprint in
Wiesbaden and that T3CON11 is on the radar as well (as said, this is
typically my case) but I would really like to concentrate on "blocking"
issues this week, targeting Saturday 8th, possibly Sunday 9th as "your"
deadline.

@Georg, as friendly ghost this week (according to my calendar at least),
could I ask you to help dispatching the bugs and marking them as "must
have" for TYPO3 4.6 RC? Possibly changing some of them from "must have"
to "should have" if needed.

As for previous releases, I created a saved query to easily find out
what should be done:

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-core/issues?query_id=255

Please *do not put your own bugs as "must have"*. In order for me to
keep an overview of the project, I'd like to grant this to the Core team
members only; thanks for your understanding.

My goal is to have real minor bugs/tasks left to be fixed between 11th
and 21th October.

Yes! Actually, the next deadline would then be Friday 21 October in
order for all of us to thoroughly test the upcoming final release.

Thank you for helping to stick to the roadmap, community rocks!

Kind regards

-- Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6