[TYPO3-v4] Exclude-field by default?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue May 24 08:07:43 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 23-5-2011 22:21, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> The idea is that certain fields are "required" to be seen by everyone,
> because they are key fields for the record: for example the title when
> used as the "label" or the CType of a content element which needs to be
> set on every new tt_content.

Yes, the option to control this is rather important.

> So in general I would agree with the need to simplify this for the
> extension developers (which currently just add every field as an exclude
> field), but it has to be evaluated with care. Maybe having a flag
> meaning the opposite (like "accessForAll = 1") would be sufficient to
> get the old behaviour when really required for certain fields.

Although the idea to have good defaults and positively named options is
a good one, I fear that the change takes too much trouble to implement
with too little gain.
The option (whether exclude or accessForAll) still needs to be checked
for each field to render BE forms and the developer still has to think
about the setting.

For new extensions it would be sufficient to enable the field in the
kickstarter by default.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.