[TYPO3-v4] No download in Gerrit?

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Mar 4 11:35:58 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 04.03.2011 11:28, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> Hi,
>
> On 4-3-2011 11:19, Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> yes, i see that too, but you need a git clone for that. My intention is
>> download for
>> - reading complete diff in local diff viewer
>
> With TortoiseGit (yes, I know Windows), I can easily see the differences
> in anything in log or a change I just fetched. It has the usual diff
> viewer that we are used to with TortoiseSVN.
>
>> - aplly the patch manually to any installation without having git clone
>
> You can generate a patch of course after fetching it.

why shall i do that all by my own if gerrit has already the information?
Sure, i have a git clone and i don't need that. but imagine external bug
reporter, scanning gerrit bugfixes. Now he will try out, but he has no
git setup. Unfortunally the options for complete diff view in gerrit are
horrable, also copy/paste doesn't work as all white space chars are
replaced.

vg Steffen