[TYPO3-v4] Current master branch is broken?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 09:11:21 CEST 2011

Hi!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Nevertheless I appreciate the suggestion of Christian Kuhn about adding
> the "Reconstruct caching tables" checkbox to the COMPARE DATABASE wizard
> and would support that, since it will please most wishes!

I do not think we need a checkbox. It is better to have a hook in the
database analyzer. It would analyze existing cache config and present cache
tables in the same way as any other table. It is better to have one
interface for everything. Checkbox idea came due to technical differences
between regular tables and cache tables. Such technical differences should
not be reflected in the user interface. They should be hidden from the user
to improve user experience.

--
Dmitry "itoldyou" Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member