[TYPO3-v4] TYPO3 4.6 Ideas: Module reordering

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Wed Jun 15 18:41:57 CEST 2011

Hi Jigal,

> It would be very luxurious if the whole menu could be changed (titles,
> order, which module in which category, etc.)
>
> You are right that this makes it impossible to find your way around the
> menu if you start reading the extension manuals, but the use case for
> this is that large organisation where they have custom manuals and not
> the actual extension manuals. That's also the place where you find
> tt_news forms with loads of disabled fields, lots of backend layouts, etc.

This is normal - i hope. Most Integrators disable fields - but moving /
renaming of meun items is a new way of living with TYPO3.

So reordering is ok for me so far.
But it should be done centrally in the first step - my opinion.
The way of doing it for users can be integrated lateron easily i think.

Being an ext.dataview the menu can be changed easily with the
statemanager of extjs(even for every user).

I think the best would be if you submit a small patch to steffen kamper
so that he can test the functionality (he's the extjs guru in the core
team). Steffen reviews some patches of mine for the backend js currently ;)

Regards
Kay