[TYPO3-v4] TYPO3 4.6 Ideas: Module reordering

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Tue Jun 14 13:19:24 CEST 2011

> 1) The extension can determine where its module is placed in the menu.
> This can take a different shape than it is currently, but it's hard to
> set up a system when the items which are present vary so much from
> installation to installation.
>
> 2) The integrator can set the order of the modules in a menu.
>
> 3) The BE user can set the order of the modules in his own menu
>
> The last item has the highest priority.

Hello Jigal,

for me 1) and 2) are more important than 3).

Let me explain.

In most cases users rely on a manual.
This way they have a printed or electronic version with fixed menu.

So for me it's more important to make the order like it is in the
manual, than to allow every user to change the order.

What do you think about the categories, should the user be able to
modify them as well?

Regards
Kay