[TYPO3-v4] Current master branch is broken?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 16:19:30 CEST 2011

Hi!

Patrick Gaumond wrote:
> Sorry to interfere but seeing the word "hook" when talking Install Tools
> raised a flag.
>
> Please remember that Install Tool must never become TYPO3 dependant.
> Even with the crappiest extension loaded in the world, the Install Tool
> must be available. So my comment is just that: "remember to stay
> independent from TYPO3".

There is no extension in this case. It is more about being modular: caching
framework *should* use a hook in such case to contain all code in its
directory. Otherwise we would end up with the same mess as with workspaces:
everywhere in the core and nobody known all places :)

--
Dmitry "itoldyou" Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member
E-mail: dmitry.dulepov at typo3.org