[TYPO3-v4] Disappointed by reviews

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 10:44:23 CEST 2011

Hi guys!

Some time ago I made a really good functionality change: I improved BE
search to move from "uselessly slow" to "controlable and very fast". Here
is the RFC: https://review.typo3.org/2189

The problem is that there are reviews like "wrong space" or "else must be
on the same line" but nobody cares to test how the patch works and give a
+2. I am severely disappointed by the level of reviews that we have. Sorry
for harsh words but have no other way to express my feelings.

Why would anybody bother making useful patches to TYPO3 with such reviews?
Personally, I am not going to make core patches anymore. I spent tons of
hours investigating the issue and making the solution only for it being
dead with useless comments (from functionality point of view).

So, if you want to have that improvement in TYPO3, go and spend 10 minutes
really verifying how it works! And give your +2 to commit it.

Thanks for reading. I hope this post will finally help this change to get in.

P.S. Sometimes I want direct commit rights to the core. Waiting for reviews
completely kills my motivation to work on the core.

--
Dmitry "itoldyou" Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member
E-mail: dmitry.dulepov at typo3.org