[TYPO3-v4] RC1 schedule and plan for 4.5

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jan 21 14:14:02 CET 2011

Hi,

we are today in the process of finishing off the APIs for 4.5, fixing
the last major issues and also tiny details in our release.

I am very grateful that so many participants are actively helping out by
reviewing, reporting and fixing bugs through the core list and bug
tracker. Those last 3-4 days we've seen *plenty* of action, and some
guys (and gals ;) ) even took some days off work just to make it happen.
THANKS!

Steffen Kamper is at the moment doing his other hobby besides TYPO3,
which is teaching music. I'll continue working with the teams to get our
code ready for RC1, Steffen will join us again later on. So I expect
that we start "wrapping it up" at some hour in the early night. Until
then => let's get all the gremlins squashed!!!

We will follow the activity and further testing and reports throughout
the Weekend and on Monday in our Team Meeting we will decided if we
package yet another release candidate (RC2) just to make sure we have it
complete.