[TYPO3-v4] Minutes from the pre-4.5.1 release meeting

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Feb 14 20:02:37 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 14.02.2011 19:47, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
> Hi!
>
> Ernesto Baschny wrote:
>> * jsMinify is not performant for applying to inline javascript. Instead
>> try to outsource more JS to external files (in typo3temp). Ernesto
>> mentioned that we should try to make more methods "static" because lots
>> of inline javascript currently could easily be just written out to
>> static files shipped with the core. Steffen will take a closer look at
>> it. A project for 4.6.
>
> It makes sense to precompress some of these files using YUI compressor
> or Google compiler. That would provide better compression, faster
> such things. One command and all files are rebuild as necessary ready...

I also use it in my projects. The problem is that you can't do this
on-the-fly, and we would need to make a script doing that automatic:

* concatenate main library files in defined order
* compress with YIU

The difficulty is that we have different sets of files. backend.php has
a predefined lib of files, but each module can have own / different
compilations.

vg Steffen