[TYPO3-v4] Minutes from the pre-4.5.1 release meeting

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 08:02:27 CET 2011

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> The difficulty is that we have different sets of files. backend.php has
> a predefined lib of files, but each module can have own / different
> compilations.

I see it like this:
- move all inline code to files, leave only settings inlined
- minify/gzip all core javascript, make a Makefile for that (can be
executed on any platform)
- make a switch in the core to use either compressed or uncompressed
versions of the file (or reuse "debug" flag from existing config vars)
- adjust package scripts to create precompressed files

Same for modules. Javascript for some most often used modules can be
included into the core javascript in "not debug" mode.

It is a bit complex but it allows to create a single small javascript file
for the whole core and still debug the code if necessary.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member
E-mail: dmitry.dulepov at typo3.org