[TYPO3-v4] Minutes from the pre-4.5.1 release meeting

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 19:47:18 CET 2011

Hi!

Ernesto Baschny wrote:
> * jsMinify is not performant for applying to inline javascript. Instead
> try to outsource more JS to external files (in typo3temp). Ernesto
> mentioned that we should try to make more methods "static" because lots
> of inline javascript currently could easily be just written out to
> static files shipped with the core. Steffen will take a closer look at
> it. A project for 4.6.

It makes sense to precompress some of these files using YUI compressor or
Google compiler. That would provide better compression, faster loading time
and better page generation time. I usually use Makefile for such things.
One command and all files are rebuild as necessary ready...

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member
E-mail: dmitry.dulepov at typo3.org